The Fallen
Welcome to The Fallen! Login or register now to join in the adventures!
The Fallen
Welcome to The Fallen! Login or register now to join in the adventures!
The Fallen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fallen is a roleplay site for kids who are the children of the planets. At the Hideout they are safe to transform, and can escape from Them.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stuck Here Again. [private]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dee
Admin
Dee

Sparkle : 6

Stuck Here Again. [private] Empty
PostSubject: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 1:57 pm

I was here, once again. In this utterly black and cold place; why did I ever like it? I search my brain. Or did I ever like it? I remembered, as a child, not knowing that the sun-lit world existed at all. So then I didn't think I was missing anything. It was only when my father took me to Earth at the age of ten that I was shocked to find that it was...warm. I didn't know what warmth was, so at first it was excruciating. And the light, too. That was the scariest part. And now I couldn't wait to go back. When I was thirteen and my father wasn't paying attention, I returned. It was easy for me to travel back and forth, others complained of the pain. Sure, it was painful. I just knew how to deal with it. So now I was here, standing down by the ocean. The wind whipped my hair in my face and I pulled my jacket back on. I could feel it again, the ache of the cold had returned to my body. I bit my lip and stared at the sky.
Back to top Go down
https://thefallen.rpg-board.net
2chocolate2
2chocolate2

Sparkle : 1

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:14 pm

I strut briskly through the Fortress that had been my home for years. What was it to me now, now that all I saw was the evil being done? I had no other place to call home, so I suppose this must be it, for now. I still like the world in the dark the best, the night is where I am comfortable. I was jerked out of my thoughts when I realized I wasn't alone. I whiped around and saw a boy, around my age that looked cold. he must have been up lately.
Back to top Go down
Dee
Admin
Dee

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:22 pm

"What is it?" I say, without turning around. I had heard footsteps approaching. I assume it is a servant, come to tell me something else that I already know, like that dinner is in one hour or that my father wants me in his chamber. I slide a hand into my pocket, wadding up a few dollars. I didn't know why I did this. I draw out my hand and throw the ball as far as I could. It flies through the air until a gust of wind catches it and lifts it above the waves.
Back to top Go down
2chocolate2
2chocolate2

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:30 pm

"Nothing at all" I replied. He obviously thought I was a servent, something I wasn't pleased to be mistaken as. "Well that was pointless" I statd as he threw the bills into the ocean. "Might I ask who you are?"
Back to top Go down
Dee
Admin
Dee

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:04 pm

I turn around and see another one of Them, surprisingly. "Dev," I say, unwillingly taking my cold hand out of my pocket and holding it out. "And it wasn't pointless, actually," I say, a little bit of humor creeping into my voice. "The point was to throw that money into the ocean. So therefore, it wasn't pointless, it was just stupid."
Back to top Go down
2chocolate2
2chocolate2

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:16 pm

I looked down at Dev's hand and gripped it, mine even colder than his, though I didn't mind it. I couldnt help but crack a smile at his answer, this kid may not be that bad. "Alice" I said meeting his eyes through my dark sunglasses.
Back to top Go down
Dee
Admin
Dee

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:19 pm

"So, who's your parents, Alice?" I stick my hand back in my pocket and try to think about the sun and how warm it was, but that only made things worse. "Are we related?" I blink at her. Were my eyelashes freezing? It sure felt like it. And it wasn't even snowing. Inside it wasn't any better. If I could just get back as soon as possible.....
Back to top Go down
2chocolate2
2chocolate2

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:51 pm

"How would I know, I've never met my parent" I said hiding my grimmace.
Back to top Go down
Dee
Admin
Dee

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 11:26 am

"What happened to your parents?" I ask her, my voice softening slightly.
Back to top Go down
2chocolate2
2chocolate2

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:27 pm

I didn't really think Dev needed to hear my whole life story so I just replied "They are both gone" in a tone that indicated the subject was cold.
Back to top Go down
Dee
Admin
Dee

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:01 pm

"But they were Them, right?" I press, ignoring the obvious signs that she didn't want to talk about it. I dig around in my coat pocket and pull out a quarter. In the next second, it is skipping across the waves; one, two, three, four, five, six, and then it was swallowed up by darkness. "So, you ever been to Earth?"
Back to top Go down
2chocolate2
2chocolate2

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 11:23 pm

"Yes, of course they were" I replied. As he skipped the rock my competitive side rose and I found a perfect skipping stone flat and smooth edged. I finger it for a second before throwing it and whatching it skip across the water six times. I sighed and turn to him again "Yes, I have been"
Back to top Go down
Dee
Admin
Dee

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 12:20 am

"Really," I say as a statement, not a question. "And did you enjoy the..." I chose my words carefully. "The warmth?" I turned my gaze on her, intense.
Back to top Go down
2chocolate2
2chocolate2

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 11:57 pm

As I turned I was taken aback by Dev's sudden intenceness. Quickly gathering myself I replied "I prefer th cold. And yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Dee
Admin
Dee

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 12:00 am

I rocked back on my heels, studying her thoughtfully. Should I tell her the truth, that I truly liked the warmth better? Best not, it would probably ruin everything. And then she'd go running to my father....but I also wanted to surprise her. So I smiled casually and stated, "I like the warmth."
Back to top Go down
2chocolate2
2chocolate2

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:15 pm

This was unexpected and odd, but I was used to such things. I was sure it would take a powerful force to make one of us like the warmth. I thought about me, and how that sun burned on my very skin the moment I reached the earth, how my head instantly hurt after my sensitive eyes met the blinding light. How could someone enjoy that?? How could someone live in that?? I turned to Dev after a moment and said "May I ask why?"
Back to top Go down
Dee
Admin
Dee

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:44 pm

"Thus with past illumination/Is our present hours made bright/And our former darkened moments/With a glory-wave made light./Then the beauty of the sunshine/ To the present gives a glow/As with misty gleams the future/Glances on the scenes below." I recited part of the poem by James S. Jennings. "Don't you understand?" I asked, turning my dark eyes on her. "Darkness will never win, because there will always be light."
Back to top Go down
Miss%Maureen
Admin
Miss%Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 5:20 pm

'To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest.'
~Unknown

%Just had to add that. FYI: I have a new charrie, a Shadow, and would love to RP with Dev or Alicia!
Back to top Go down
https://thefallen.rpg-board.net/forum.htm
2chocolate2
2chocolate2

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:34 pm

In the middle of rolling my eyes at the cheesy quote, I realized I saw a small truth in his words. How ever powerful and great darkness is, or seems, there is always light. I suddenly resized what I was thinking and quickly corrected the mistake. Darkness was what I lived and breathed, what I was made of, who I was. That would never change, would it?
I was appalled by my sudden uncertainty of my identy, I had always been so confident in who I was and what my purpose in this world was. Why was I now questioning that, just because some dude recited poetry about light? Whatever, I'm just in a weird mood. I don't feel like talking to this creap anymore. "Well I have to go..... Do something. Bye" I said sharper then I meant to. "bye" Isaid softer.
Back to top Go down
Dee
Admin
Dee

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:30 pm

}You're welcome to join this topic.

"I frightened you," I stated quietly. "But you can't live without knowing there is something else; that we might just be on the evil side. Haven't you ever thought about that? We're evil. Doesn't that bother you?" I was going too far, and I knew it. Right after she was done here, she would run and tell my father that his son had gone completely mad.

Back to top Go down
Miss%Maureen
Admin
Miss%Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:59 pm

%Yeah!

Wearing a heavy leather jacket, and a pair of gray jeans, I jog down the stairs. I see a few people, and head over to them. The angles in my face sharpen, and my golden eyes glimmer. Yo. I say, and slap Dev on the back recognizing him once I get closer.
Back to top Go down
Dee
Admin
Dee

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:43 pm

I give the girl one hard look and turn around to face the boy. "Hello, Maxwell," I replied, slightly irritated. "Is there something you need?" I was cold, but then again that was how I acted with all of my kind.
Back to top Go down
2chocolate2
2chocolate2

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:03 pm

Should this be the first time preston and alice meet?
Back to top Go down
Miss%Maureen
Admin
Miss%Maureen

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 4:38 pm

%Sure

Maxwell? I ask raising a perfect eyebrow. (Edward haha.) Seems a little formal. How about, buddy, pal, mate. Ya know? I ask looking off into the distance like I was some great philosopher pondering the meaning of the universe. And who is this? I break the trance, and look up and down the woman approvingly.
Back to top Go down
2chocolate2
2chocolate2

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 8:27 pm

Evil, Dev had said, evil. Did the thought give me pleasure, or guilt? I wasn't sure. Was I really evil? Like if this was a book, I'd be the bad guy? The one taking light and life from innocent people. It was for the good of my family, of my people. I kept telling myself that until I half believed it. Then he came.

I felt slightly pleased when the guy looked at me like he liked what he saw. Just like that, my trance caused by Dev's comments was broken. I turned to the guy "I am Alicia, but you can call me Alice" I said giving him a small smile. I had to admit he wasn't half bad looking... Okay he was REALLY good looking but it's not like I was going to admit that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Here Again. [private]   Stuck Here Again. [private] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stuck Here Again. [private]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Fallen  :: Other :: The Fortress of Them-
Jump to: